- Editor Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
- Very Good
- Bite Beauty Multisticks
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PackagingEditor: 80%
- Color RangeEditor: 60%
- FinishEditor: 90%
- FormulaEditor: 90%
- ApplicationEditor: 70%
- PigmentationEditor: 80%
- CoverageEditor: 80%
- ScentEditor: 90%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 80%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 80%
- AvailabilityEditor: 60%
For the first time, Bite Beauty is exploring unchartered territories with its first ‘not only for the lips’ makeup product: the Multistick, a multi-tasking product for the eyes, lips and cheeks.
Even if I’m not necessarily a fan of multi-tasking products (I always feel that they can’t be good for everything, they have to be better for one thing and average for the other)(nooo, I’m not doubtful at all, you know me lol), I must admit that this concept of a compact product which can be used on the go easily and which helps to save time, is very appealing. And if it’s from Bite Beauty, it obviously gets me very curious!
I already talked about Bite Beauty when I introduced you to the stunning Amuse Bouche lipsticks a few months ago. When I went to North America last month, I obviously had to get a closer look at the other references the brand has on offer!
The Multisticks were released last August and as a good beauty blogger obsessed by new things, I definitely had to try them!
Bite Beauty Multisticks, presentation:
What the brand says about them:
“A multistick that applies like a cream and wears like a powder for weightless color application—just apply with your finger or a brush on the eyes, lips, and cheeks.
With 35 percent powder in each Multistick bullet, this silicone-free formula creates a soft focus finish that’s blendable, breathable, and buildable. It features universal shades for the eyes, lips, and cheeks that compliment all skintones and are formulated to use anywhere on the face. “
It’s the first small step Bite Beauty takes towards the eyes and cheeks makeup! This may be the beginning of an expansion of the range, who knows? wink
So these are sticks of cream shadows (although they are also composed of powder for the third of the formula) with organic, natural and edible ingredients. They’re ultra-compact and multi-tasking. Their finish is matte, at least they set on the skin after a few minutes (at the beginning, they have a semi-matte finish). But they’re very easy to apply because their texture is creamy.
There are 18 shades in the range in total and the retail price is $24.
To be honest, and I knew that already when I chose my two shades, I don’t really see myself using these Multisticks on my eyes. I’m not a big fan of cream eyeshadows in general, or only if they are super shiny, and I generally apply just a touch in the center of my eyelid. But here, the Multisticks are matte and when I tried to apply them with a brush, it also sheered them out. They look more like a wash of color. In addition, even applied with a primer underneath, I’m not impressed by their lasting power. They begin to crease on me after 4-5 hours… uneasy
So my review here is mainly based on using them on the lips and cheeks.
Bite Beauty Multisticks, my test and thoughts:
– Packaging: a quite simple packaging (as often with Bite Beauty) in a matte black rubberized finish. A nice little detail: the closure is magnetic! The stick is round and flat at the bottom.
– Texture and feeling: the texture is creamy, it applies very easily. It sets after a while and becomes more “powdery” (so to speak). I find them quite comfortable on the lips, even if it becomes a little bit dryer after a few hours (it’s better to apply some lip balm underneath). On the cheeks, because you’re supposed to blend them, you can’t really feel them, they’re very lightweight and not drying at all.
– Finish: it’s a matte finish. Initially, on the lips, the finish is almost semi-matte but it mattifies fairly quickly (within a few minutes).
– Scent: they have a scent. it’s a very light, very nice fruity scent.
– Pigmentation: very good. On the lips, they are opaque in a single pass. On the cheeks, the coverage is buildable, you can blend them for just a wash of color or add more to intensify further (same for the eyes).
– Color range: the range of colors is mostly natural. The brand’s will is to offer shades that could be suitable for any skin tone. So no crazy colors, but a wide variation of nude, pink, red and brown shades. To be honest, I don’t see myself collecting all the colors in this range. Indeed, they’re rather dark (probably because they’re meant to be used on the eyelids, I guess) and it’s not necessarily very flattering on me.
I chose Macaroon, a very pretty light mauve pink (for a change ah ah ha) and my favorite Papaya, a warm muted peachy pink.
– Application: a little complicated on the lips when applied directly with the stick because the tip of the Multistick is round and flat, so not super precise. Bite Beauty recommends to use a brush or your fingers for a lighter application. I like using my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply on the cheeks but if I want to save time, I apply it directly to the skin and it’s really easy to blend it with my finger! smile
– Lasting power: pretty good. On the lips, they last almost half a day (more if I don’t eat) and they are very easy to touch-up. On the cheeks, they don’t move all day, they really last very well (even with my oily skin).
– Value for money: they retail for $24 and it’s a good value/money IMO, because it’s such an innovative product!
Bite Beauty Multisticks, the shades:
– Macaroon: a lovely light pinky mauve with cool undertones. (Yep, I bought another mauve lipstick. I must have approximately 21654465 mauve lipsticks in my collection and I don’t even intend to stop there lol #obsessed)
– Papaya: my favorite, a very pretty warm pink, almost coral but in a more muted version. I find it perfect for the season, it’s soft and flattering.
Finally, here are the swatches:
And on me (I’m wearing them on the lips and the cheeks):
On my eyelids, I wear among other eyeshadows the stunning Lucky Penny by Makeup Geek.
- it's a great innovative product, especially when you know that it's a natural formula
- it's very convenient and multi-tasking, super handy if you want to travel light
- I like the simple packaging and design of the tube with their magnetic closure
- the wide choice of colors (18 shades)
- the good pigmentation and coverage
- they are rather comfortable
- their delicate lemony scent, quite typical of the brand, I love it
- the lasting power is quite good on the lips and very good on the cheeks
- I'm not a fan of some of the colors in the range (but it's probably because I don't use them on my eyelids, so some colors seem a bit dull for the cheeks or the lips)
- I'm not convinced by them when used as eyeshadows. On my oily eyelids, it doesn't work too well
Although I don’t use my Multisticks at full capacity (I never apply them to my eyes), I think they’re still great innovative products, especially with a formula this “clean” and I find them very good for the lips and cheeks.
The Bite Beauty Multisticks are available on Sephora‘s website for $24 dollars.
And you, tempted by these Bite Beauty Multisticks? Do you like multi-tasking makeup products? smile
Photo credit: bonnie-garner.com