- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- InnovationEditor: 90%
- PackagingEditor: 80%
- Color RangeEditor: 90%
- FinishEditor: 80%
- Formula/IngredientsEditor: 90%
- ApplicationEditor: 80%
- PigmentationEditor: 90%
- CoverageEditor: 80%
- ScentEditor: 90%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 80%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 80%
- AvailabilityEditor: 40%
To say that I was excited to receive my new BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks would be an understatement.
[acf_sbox]BITE Beauty is a brand I always wanted to try but the products are pretty difficult to find if you don’t live in North America. They’re only available in Sephora USA and Canada.
A brand that only produces lip products, of course I was interested! Serious #lipstickaddict case here. ;) And in addition, the composition of these lip products is so natural that you can eat them, I just couldn’t control myself!
The Agave Lip Mask had been on my wishlist for a while but my very first BITE purchase obviously had to be a lipstick. So when all the new Amuse Bouche lipsticks were released, it came as no surprise that it took me forever to choose between them.
These lipsticks infused with 12 edible vegetable oils are available in 40 shades. 40 oh so beautiful colors. I spent ages online reading reviews, searching for the best swatches… to make sure I chose my perfect colors. I ended up with 5 colors but no doubt, there’ll be more!
Fun fact: I’m really wondering if this brand can be distributed in France one day… Do you know what “bite” means in French? Well, I’ll let you do a little bit of Google translate to find out! wink (Learn some rude French words with Bonnie lol)
BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks, presentation:
What the brand says about them:
“A collection of high-impact lipsticks in dimensional shades that have been handcrafted to deliver extreme moisture, soft texture, and creamy wear.
Swipe on bold, creamy lip color with Bite Beauty’s Amuse Bouche. Created and crafted by hand, Bite’s small batch, low-heat process preserves a balanced blend of lip-quenching nutrients, vitamins, and omega oils that are essential for achieving healthy-looking lips.
Made with 12 edible oils and triple milled pigments, this lipstick provides saturated lip color with weightless coverage and a citrus flavor made from fresh pressed fruit. “
Amuse Bouche are cream lipsticks, with a high pigmentation, and a satin to semi-matte finish. As explained, they are composed of 12 edible natural oils and butters but also a big quantity of Resveratrol, an antioxidant anti-ageing ingredient.
They are available in 40 colors, each more beautiful than the last. The Amuse Bouche lipsticks retail for $26 exclusively at Sephora.
BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks, my test and thoughts:
– Packaging: it’s not the most luxurious packaging but more a cool and trendy one. The brand logo (which I love!) is engraved on the matte rubberized black tube, and the cut end recalls the tip of an used lipstick.
– Texture: very creamy when you apply it, but also super fine and lightweight. You can barely feel it, even if you can still feel the moisture on your lips: when you put it on or after several hours.
– Finish: initially when you apply it, it’s a true satin finish but it becomes semi-matte after a few hours.
– Scent: totally addictive! It smells like fruits, like a fresh lemonade and it’s not a synthetic fragrance: it’s real fruits that are used as a scent for the Amuse Bouche lipsticks, so it’s even better. They also taste like fruits, it’s difficult to resist licking your lips! bigsmile
– Pigmentation: excellent, and opaque in one swipe. The colors I own apply evenly on the lips.
However, the lighter shades tend to contrast a bit with my natural lip color application (my lips are naturally very pigmented). But after a few minutes, the lipstick color blends completely on the lips. I guess it has to do with the composition and the fact that the natural oils need to be warmed a bit when in contact with the skin to achieve a better coverage.
– Color range: all the 40 colors are gorgeous and there is something for everyone: light, dark, classic, bright, crazy shades… There is even green and navy blue colours! So many options!
All the shades are pure, without any glitter.
– Feeling on the lips: they’re super nice to wear, and leave the lips comfortable without feeling greasy. I’m not sure I would say that they’re moisturizing (my lips are not particularly dry at the moment) but they protect the lips and prevent from dehydration for sure!
– Lasting power: they last approximately 6h on me and I usually have to touch up the center of the lips after a meal, which is a quite an honorable lasting power for a cream lipstick. The darker shades tend to leave a stain on the lips and it makes them last even longer!
– Value for money: it’s quite good especially considering the great natural formula of these Amuse Bouche lipsticks. They retailed for $26.
BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks, the shades:
– Meringue: a beautiful color especially for summer (well, when I have a little bit of tan), it’s a beautiful nude peachy pink, quite neutral. On my naturally pink mauve lips, this kind of color is a little complicated, I really need this hint of pink that will avoid it looking like a muddy concealer. But no worries with Meringue, which is a very soft and flattering color that will go perfectly well with a more intense eye makeup for example.
– Fig: a gorgeous neutral pink, with a lit bit of mauve undertones. This is the typical pinky nude “my lips but better”, that I can pair with almost any makeup looks, a true no-brainer shade.
– Pepper: yes, it’s another Kylie Jenner kind of shade, again! A super pretty pinkish brown which gives me this beautiful 90’s vibes I want without looking like an ugly brown colour. It’s a gorgeous color, very soft and flattering (I promise!) and apparently from what I understood it’s one of the bestseller in the range.
– Radish: a stunning reddish berry pink (especially in natural light; on my picture taken with my ring light, it appears much brighter and a bit lighter). I think this is my favorite shade at the moment, probably because it’s typically the kind of colors I love to wear during springtime! smile
– Beetroot: a beautiful deep red, with cold undertones. Very sophisticated and intense, it’s typically the kind of shade I love to wear with a nice black eyeliner.
Finally, here are the swatches:
And on me:
- trendy, nice packaging
- an amazing wide range of 34 colors, all super beautiful
- an edible natural formula, such a brilliant concept
- high pigmentation and coverage
- very comfortable, moisturizing
- lightweight feeling on the lips, you can barely feel them
- a beautiful satin to semi-matte finish
- good lasting power, especially for this kind of finish
- if you don't live in the US or In Canada, they're quite difficult to find
I think I’m gonna need more of them… These Amuse Bouche lipsticks are my crush of the moment and I really love their formula. And the range of colors is just insanely beautiful!
The BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks are only available on Sephora.com for $26. I really hope they’ll be available in other markets soon!
And you, have you tried some BITE Beauty lip products and maybe these Amuse Bouche lipsticks? What are your thoughts?
Photo credit: bonnie-garner.com
Video: BITE Beauty