- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- OPI Venice collection Fall Winter 2015
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- ColorEditor: 90%
- FormulaEditor: 80%
- TextureEditor: 80%
- CoverageEditor: 70%
- BrushEditor: 90%
- ApplicationEditor: 90%
- Drying TimeEditor: 90%
- ShineEditor: 90%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 80%
- PackagingEditor: 80%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 80%
- AvailabilityEditor: 80%
It’s almost too late to talk about the OPI Venice collection Fall Winter 2015 , but I have a good excuse for being so late to the party!
In fact, I received my set of OPI Venice collection Fall Winter 2015 nail polish just before moving out, mid-October, and after, well, I was surrounded by boxes the following weeks, having recently moved apartments, so it wasn’t the best time to do my nails, really.
But the fact is that here in Dubai, the collection hasn’t been launched yet. (4 months after the rest of the World, all is well, no need to rush, guys -_- )
But anyway, it’s been a while since I haven’t been this enthusiastic about an OPI collection!
A few years ago, I was following every new release from the brand but lately, they lost me a little to be honest. I found that everything looked the same and honestly, with 7 collections released in a year, I had a bit of trouble keeping up.
But this year, the colors are quite unexpected (especially for the season) while still being just very pretty and appealing shades which are super easy to wear.
OPI Venice collection Fall Winter 2015, presentation:
What the brand says about it:
Inspired by this extraordinary city, OPI presents a modern interpretation of Baroque style in the 15 new shades of the Venice Collection. Romantic reds, decadent blues, striking corals, dreamy pastels, elegant nudes, dramatic darks, and luxurious metallics proclaim that “less is more” is out and sumptuous indulgence is in.
OPI invites you to renew your passion with color and bring the romance and opulence of Venice into your heart and onto your fingertips with the Venice Collection by OPI.
This is a winter rather surprising Fall Winter collection because there are not a lot of the very expected dark colors. Quite the contrary, there are pretty light pastels and also a lot of red and orange kind of shades (OK, the latter sounds more Fall appropriate, but the pastels? It’s a surprise! wink ).
But if you think about it, it’s quite logical after all. Fall and Winter in Italy, especially in Venice, it also brings to mind the shimmering colors and the sumptuous gilding of the Venetian Carnival and the Venetian palaces.
But not only that. I’ve always had a crush for the Italian monuments’ colors, they remind me of some exquisite desserts with cream and pistachio! And all those red and orange bricks you can see all around the Italian cities, with the golden sunlight that is reflected above, it’s extremely pretty and mesmerizing, isn’t it? wink
Honestly, I almost bought the entire collection. But I remained calm (well, almost lol), and here are the colors I chose:
– Amore at the grand canal: a classic slightly blue-tone red, rather dark. The glamorous winter red, a timeless classic!
– A great opera-tunity: a beautiful pale peachy melon, one of the surprising colors of the collection. A real beauty, one of my favorites!
– Tiramisu for two: a very creamy nude beige with some warm undertones. Ultra chic and interesting at the same time as it’s quite light and opaque. I absolutely love these kind of shades!
– Gelato on my mind: it’s a beautiful mint, or maybe more like a pistachio ice cream (obviously ;P ). I have tons of different mint nail polishes, but it’s a color that I just can’t resist… And I wear it in winter and in summer! wink
– I cannoli wear OPI: a real crush for this very light bluish gray, almost white. Easier to wear than a true pure white, but just as “modern”. Such an “edgy” shade!
The rest of the collection was equally as tempting and I confess that I have some regrets, including Worth a pretty penne, a stunning rose gold. OK, I confess, maybe I just ordered it… Ooops! wink
OPI Venice collection Fall Winter 2015, my test and thoughts:
– Color: I think you got it, I’m a fan of this collection of colors! wink
– Formula: the OPI quality for the formula, no real surprise here. OPI is such a good quality nail polish brand. The nail polish is 3-Free: without any Formaldehyde, DBP or Toluene. Granted, not the cleanest formula in the world, but it’s still very honorable.
– Texture and Coverage: Creamy, and opaque in 2 layers. I’m not totally convinced by Amore at the grand canal and I cannoli wear OPI though. They are perhaps a little bit more watery than the others but in 3 layers, it still does the trick! wink
– Brush and Application: I’ve always been a fan of the OPI brushes. For my nail shape, they’re perfect and one of my favorite to use.
– Drying Time: average, 10 minutes on the surface and 30 minutes to be perfectly dry.
– Lasting Power: average as well, between 3 and 4 days. Amore at the Grand Canal has chipped very quickly on me, but given that this is the one I chose to apply right after I moved in, with my nails ravaged by all the boxes, this may be the reason of its poor performance…
I tried it again after a few weeks, and the lasting power was better, so I think it was probably because of the state of my nails.
– Value For Money: pretty good, IMO, because these are some super quality nail polishes. Their price is $9.50.
Finnally, here they are on my nails:
– Amore at the grand canal:
– A great opera-tunity:
– Tiramisu for two:
– Gelato on my mind:
– I cannoli wear OPI:
- the amazing and very unique colors
- I'm a fan of the brush
- the excellent quality as always with OPI
- Amore at the grand canal and I cannoli wear OPI are perhaps a little bit more watery than the others but in 3 layers, they look perfect
A very nice collection, with colors that are wearable all year round, not just for Fall or Winter! wink
And you, have you tried any nail polishes from the Venice collection by OPI? Which ones are on your wishlist?
Photos credits: bonnie-garner.com.