- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PackagingEditor: 70%
- Colour RangeEditor: 90%
- FinishEditor: 90%
- FormulaEditor: 80%
- ApplicationEditor: 80%
- PigmentationEditor: 80%
- CoverageEditor: 70%
- ScentEditor: 60%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 70%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 90%
- AvailabilityEditor: 70%
It’s still summer for a few days so I can still talk about lip glosses, can’t I? Because it would be a shame not to show you these super cute ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lips! wink
I heard that the matte lipsticks era is coming to an end and soon there will be a lot of super shiny and even metallized lips everywhere (I’ll probably talk more about it here on my blog wink ).
As a true lipstick addict (or a lip-everything addict actually, if I’m being honest :P), I love everything: matte, shiny, satin, metallized, sheer, opaque… So when I saw that ColourPop, one of my favorite makeup brands, released new lip glosses, I placed an order right away. In fact, it happened just after I saw this YouTube video. (I’ve put the link, but I have to warn you, it’s at your own risk! This girl has a perfect mouth so I would buy anything she wears on her lips! wink ) (she’s actually the “lips” in ColourPop website’s lip swatches)
I ordered 9 Ultra Glossy Lip. It’s easy to go overboard with so cheap prices! wink
ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip, presentation:
What the brand says about them:
“Our Ultra Glossy Lip provides extreme shine with a cushion-like comfortable feel. Absolutely NO stickiness or tackiness! This lip gloss smoothes and conditions the lips with emollient ingredients leaving your lips looking fuller, healthier, and super kissable.“
They are lip glosses, with 3 different finishes: Sheer (transparent), Crème (a more pigmented finish) and Metallic (a shimmery metallic finish).
They can be used alone for a high shiny and natural effect or over a lip pencil and / or a lipstick. Personally, I use them especially like this, as a topper. I don’t apply a lot and it gives my lips a lot of shine and dimension.
There are 21 colors available in the range and their price is $6.
ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip, my test and thoughts:
– Packaging: classic, the same as for the other ColourPop liquid lipstick formulas.
– Texture: quite creamy and easy to apply.
– Finish: it’s a lip gloss finish but with 3 different categories: Sheer (transparent), Crème (more opaque and pigmented) and Metallic (shimmery and metallized). Besides the Metallic, all the shades are pure, without glitter.
– Scent: they don’t smell of anything.
– Pigmentation: it depends on the finish. The Sheer are obviously quite transparent, the Crème are more covering and pigmented and the Metallic are shimmery (but not with chunk glitter) and really metallic (stunning <3).
– Color Range: many nudes, light or darker colors, bright colors and also more unusual colors (like a gray or a dark green).
With 21 colors, it’s a wide choice! smile
– Application: quite easy thanks to the small and precise applicator.
– Feeling on the lips: they are super comfortable and don’t feel super sticky. They feel very nice and balmy.
– Lasting Power: pretty good considering the type of formula. Obviously, they won’t be as long lasting as a matte liquid lipstick for example. But on me they last at least 3-4 hours which is not bad at all.
– Value for money: I would say it’s a great value for money, as often with ColourPop. I love the formula and the color range is very nice too. They retail for $6.
ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip, the shades:
– Fairy Floss: a super luminous light sheer nude. Perfect for use on top of a lipstick or a lip pencil. It goes with every shades of lipsticks.
– A Boo: a pretty sheer peachy nude. It doesn’t work at all on its own on my lips (the color is really too far from my natural lip color, which is rather pink) but I love it over a lipstick in the same shades.
– Weho: a yummy caramel beige shade, well pigmented (it’s a Crème). I usually apply it on top of a simple lip liner to show its beautiful color.
– Bestie: a lovely warm peachy pink. It’s also well pigmented (it’s a Crème finish) and can be used alone or over a lip pencil or lipstick in the same shades.
– Finder’s Keeper: one of my favorites. It’s a dusty pink, quite mauve. And if you follow me on Instagram, you’ll have seen that I’m a little bit obsessed with this kind of shade! wink
It is also rather pigmented (it’s a Crème finish) and it’s perfect on its own or on top of a lip pencil or lipstick (I tried it on Too Faced Queen B liquid lipstick, it looks very nice!)
– Master Plan: a dusky purple, slightly darker than Finder’s Keepers. It looks nice but I think I prefer the latter at the moment, which I find more luminous. Maybe I’ll appreciate it more this winter? It’s also a Crème finish, so it’s very pigmented.
– Honey B: a beautiful bright fuchsia pink, beautiful and very summery. It is a Crème finish. I strongly advise to apply a lip liner underneath because it tends to bleed a little if you apply it alone.
– Tokyo Tea: another summery color. It’s a beautiful coral orange, super bright and vivid. Like Honey B, it’s a Crème finish and same advice: don’t forget the lip pencil underneath! wink
– Wolfie (my only Metallic): a gorgeous metallic pinky plum with a sublime golden shift in it. It’s beautiful, it looks like a true gem on the lips!
Finally, here are the swatches:
I struggled to take this picture because obviously after 2 minutes in the sun with this heat, everything started to melt… -_-
And on me:
I really hesitated to post you these lip swatches because the result is not really “realistic”, so to speak.
In real life, I usually apply lip gloss on top of a lip pencil or above a lipstick but here, I wanted you to see the colors so I’ve applied them alone on the lips and I had to layer them a little because my lips are naturally pigmented and I wanted you to be able to see the colors. So if you feel like I applied too much product, it’s probably because I did ah ah ah! : D
– Fairy Floss:
– A Boo:
This swatch of A Boo alone doesn’t really do it justice at all! Here it is above a matte lipstick (here, it’s Dolce by Anastasia Beverly Hills), and it’s my favorite way to use it:
And here is Bestie above the matte liquid lipstick Crush by Anastasia Beverly Hills:
– Finders Keepers:
– Master Plan:
– Honey B:
– Tokyo Tea:
- the range of colors is very nice: a lot of choice and some very pretty colors
- the choice of different finishes
- the nice glossy finish on the lips
- the comfortable feeling on the lips
- they're not too sticky
- they look very good layered on top of lipsticks, especially the Sheer ones (transparent)
- although it's not a long-lasting formula, they don't disappear from your lips too quickly (they last 3-4 hours on me)
- the darker and brighter colors tend to bleed a little bit (but not if you apply a lip pencil first, though)
I really like these Ultra Glossy Lip! For the price, the selection of colors is great and the formula is also quite good.
The ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip are available on the brand’s website for $6.
And you, have you tried these ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip? Thoughts? Are you a lip gloss fan?
Photo credit: bonnie-garner.com
Leave a Reply