- Editor Rating
- Rated 3 stars
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PackagingEditor: 90%
- Color RangeEditor: 90%
- FinishEditor: 90%
- FormulaEditor: 60%
- ApplicationEditor: 80%
- PigmentationEditor: 90%
- CoverageEditor: 90%
- ScentEditor: 60%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 60%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 70%
- AvailabilityEditor: 70%
Let’s talk about another matte liquid lipstick, shall we? And today, it’s not any liquid lipstick I want to review. Here come the famous Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks!
Even if the brand Anastasia Beverly Hills is very well known for its eyebrows products, on social media, especially on Instagram, where it has a considerable audience (8.4 million followers!), the liquid lipsticks are often the star products. On Social Media the brand users (and customers) take front stage in the most spectacular makeup looks using all the many colors offered by Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH for the aficionados wink ).
ABH has a very clever communication strategy, because the brand generally uses the photos posted by its clients for its Instagram feed, garnering pleasure amongst those reposted by the brand. It federates customers around the brand and forms a real Anastasia Beverly Hills community.
And with 32 references of liquid lipsticks, the choice is large! ABH is really good with the color range because there is something for everyone. Some crazy colors (with for example Paint, a deep navy blue or Midnight, a deep black) or tons of nudes, bright colors, everything is possible!
Also, I personally think that all the colors are all beautiful and full of nuances (not like some very famous makeup brand I won’t name…;P )
So it was about time I introduced you to these liquid lipsticks! wink
Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks, presentation:
What the brands says about it:
Full coverage, intense pigment, and a matte finish in an easy-to-apply liquid formula.
One sweep delivers vibrant long-wearing color that sets all day. Available in 32 shades.
It’s a liquid lipstick, with a high pigmentation and opacity, and a completely matte finish. There are 32 colors in the range and the price is $20.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks, the shades:
– Carina: a real neon pink, perfect for Spring and Summer. It’s very bright and luminous. A real eye-catcher! wink
– Craft: a dark raspberry, almost plum/berry. It seems super dark on the tube but it’s very luminous on the lips, and i love it because it brings out the color of my eyes! This is one of my favorite colors. smile
– Lovely: a light pink beige, slightly gray. I’m not sure that’s this color is the best for me, I find it too light. I really thought it was a light mauve shade, but hey, that’s the problem when you order online with only swatches on Google Images to help you… It’s always a little bit risky. uneasy
– Dusty Rose: this one, I love! A beautiful beige pink, darker than Lovely, with a warmer tone, and a lot less gray (despite its name) so it’s easier to wear. This kind of nude pink color is the color which looks best on me. Neither too light nor too cold nor too orange… perfection! smile
– Veronica: this shade is clearly a Kylie Jenner color, a burgundy brown, slightly mauve. It’s a dark shade, I must warn you if you have fair skin like me. The undertone is rather cold, which makes it more wearable for me. I can’t wear a true chocolate brown, let’s face it, it looks like poo on me! wink
Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks, my test and thoughts:
– Packaging: super sleek and elegant, I love the little rose gold edging, it’s a cute little detail. ;)
– Texture: very creamy but still quite liquid. It’s easy to apply, it doesn’t smudge.
– Finish: a true stunning velvet mat finish! smile
– Scent: not really their strong suit. It’s not a perfumed formula (unless the inspiration for the perfume was a paint pot lol), and honestly, especially for a high-end brand like ABH, it’s a little bit of a shame, really… uneasy
– Pigmentation: excellent, and the opacity on the lips as well. The color is true to what you see in the tube and, at least in the colors I have, they apply evenly on the lips.
– Color Range: I’m a fan! All the colors are gorgeous and super trendy. And there are 32!!! (although a lot of them are out of stock for the moment) It’s a lot of choice! For me, Anastasia Beverly Hills brand mastered the work of their shades and are trend setters rather than followers (unlike many others).
– Application: easy thanks to the precise applicator which applies the right amount of product and draws pretty contours.
– Feeling on the lips/ Comfort: Meh. It’s is not the most drying formula I have tried but it’s clearly not the most comfortable either. After it has completely dried on the lips, it’s not sticky at all like a lot of thicker formulas, that you “feel” a lot more on the lips. So if you like that imperceptible lightweight effect, it can be a plus. Personally, it doesn’t bother me to “feel” that I wear something because it usually means that’ it’s a more comfortable formula.
– Lasting Power: same, not the best results IMO. It usually lasts 4 hours max on me and it doesn’t survive a meal. And if you want to touch up and reapply it, it’s a bit of a pain because it doesn’t layer very well, it tends to crumble… uneasy
– Value For Money: I am quite torn… I find that the color range is super pretty (with a lot of really unique color) so it could almost justify the price. But the formula is really not that exceptional so I’m not sure they are really worth their price (this is not the cheapest on the market, far from it).
Finally, here they are on me:
– Dusty Rose:
- the packaging is super chic and sleek
- the applicator is quite precise and allows to draw pretty contours
- I'm crazy about the color range, they are all super beautiful
- the finish is totally matte
- good pigmentation and opacity on the lips
- super light weight
- it's difficult to touch up, it doesn't layer very well and it tends to crumble
- not super comfortable, quite drying
- not really long-lasting, they don't really survive a meal
In summary, although it’s clearly not my favorite liquid lipstick formula (especially because of their rather poor lasting power), I’m super fan of the colors available in the range. So if I have to wear them only for a few hours, I guess it’s OK! wink
Th Liquid Lipsticks are available on Anastasia Beverly Hills‘s website for $20.
And you, have you tried these Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks? What are your thoughts?
Photo credit: bonnie-garner.com