- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PackagingEditor: 90%
- Color RangeEditor: 90%
- FinishEditor: 90%
- FormulaEditor: 90%
- ApplicationEditor: 90%
- PigmentationEditor: 90%
- OpacityEditor: 90%
- ScentEditor: 50%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 80%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 80%
- AvailabilityEditor: 80%
I wanted to talk to you about the Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color for such a long time!
They were released a little more than a year ago, and despite my desire to get them and the raving reviews I read on my favorite blogs, I waited a while before I decided to try them. (they are not cheap) And when I ended up doing it, I started by buying only one. Then, because I loved it so much, I bought a second one. And recently, I took advantage of the Black Friday deals to gift myself a third one with a 25% discount!
So it was about time I did a review here to introduce you to these gems! (if you don’t already know them! wink )
Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color, presentation:
What the brand says about these:
Our boldest, most vibrant color ever. This sumptuous formula dramatically boosts moisture levels while intensely rejuvenating lips, keeping them comfortable and conditioned—even after it’s removed. Now in 30 shades, with a sleek gold tube. It’s luxury, redefined.
Intensely rejuvenates lips, helping to visibly reduce the appearance of lip lines and relieve lip flaking. Plus, just one swipe delivers maximum-coverage color.
Apply directly onto the lips from the tube or use the Retractable Lip Brush for a more precise application.
The Luxe Lip Color are nourishing lipsticks, almost like a lip treatment but without any compromise on the pigmentation. They’re clearly not tinted lip balms! wink
Their formula is enriched with vitamins C and E but also with a repairing and anti-aging peptide.
I really like the shape of the lipstick bullet with its super precise tip. I love applying lipstick directly from the tube without using a brush, so it’s very practical to be able to do it without smudging it everywhere (like with some other ones)!
There are 41 shades in the range (!) and they retail for $35. (yes, this price tag pretty much sums up why they’re called Lip LUXE Color, lol )
I chose three shades: Neutral Rose, Pink Buff, and Parisian Red.
Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color, my test and thoughts:
– Packaging: I’m a fan! It’s a superb object, beautiful and golden, very heavy and which closes with a very luxurious sound. Although it’s very golden, it’s not at all bling-bling, I find it very chic!
Having had some other lipsticks from the brand, I can tell that they had a real upgrade! I love the detail of the top of the cap engraved with the brand logo, like a coat of arms. And as I said above, I’m also very fond of the shape of the grape. In short, it’s perfect!
– Texture and feeling on the lips: it’s a real cream lipstick, but not an old school one. I can feel its creaminess, and I find it very nourishing, but it doesn’t feel heavy on the lips. Actually, it glides super easily on the lips and feels quite lightweight. It’s also very rich but not greasy, it’s not bleeding everywhere and remains well in place on the lips.
– Finish: it’s a very nice luminous satin finish, which fades in a nice way after a few hours (it’s not a matte or even a semi-matte, it is a true satin).
– Scent: they’re fragrance-free.
– Pigmentation and opacity: they’re extremely pigmented, and they cover the lips in one pass. Impressive!
– Color range: 41 stunning shades. There were about 20 when they first launch last year, but the range has expanded since then, and the added colors are super beautiful. A special mention for the nudes lovers: there are plenty in this range, and they are gorgeous!
– Application: I’ve already mentioned it above, thanks to the precise tip, the application is very easy (not sure that the shape lasts forever, however…).
– Lasting power: quite good. It’s a cream texture, so it necessarily transfers a bit, but it’s intense enough that the color remains on the lips. Besides, it fades very nicely without crumbling or migrating in the corners of the mouth. It’s also very easy to touch up after a meal. On me, it lasts around 5-6 h if I don’t eat, which is more than honorable for a lipstick with this finish.
– Value for money: they retail for $35, and it’s rather expensive, IMO. But it’s a beautiful lipstick, and I absolutely love the formula. So I guess it’s worth waiting for a coupon code to buy them (that’s what I did during Black Friday smile )
Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color, the colors:
– Neutral Rose: I’m obviously crazy about this color, which is a gorgeous brown pink with warm undertones. I’m clearly obsessed with this kind of shade at the moment, I think you noticed because I totally collect them lol.
– Pink Buff: a nude more beige than Neutral Rose even if they are quite close, I must admit. Pink Buff is less pink on me than Neutral Rose and the light brown in it stands out more, which I really like very much when I want to wear a real nude.
– Parisian Red: a stunning bright cherry red, another of my favorite colors. (I wasn’t very audacious with my color choices here, but at this price, I wanted to be able to wear them!)
Finally, here are the swatches:
And on me:
– Neutral Rose:
– Pink Buff:
– Parisian Red:
- I love the super sleek packaging, it's very luxurious
- the range of colors is very wide: 41 shades!
- the pretty satin finish
- the pigmentation and coverage on the lips are pretty insane
- they're very comfortable, they feel like a lip balm
- they last pretty well on the lips
- their price: they're quite pricy
- they're fragrance-free, it's a little bit of a shame (I like scented lipsticks)
In short, I am so glad to have decided to “invest” (ahem, that’s really the right word here) in these lipsticks. I have to admit that I’m looking forward to enlarge the family as soon as possible lol. (I have Baby Peach and Brocade on my radar!)
The Luxe Lip Color lipsticks are available on Bobbi Brown website for $35.
And you, have you heard about the Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color lipsticks? Which shades have you tried (or do you want to)?
Photo credit: bonnie-garner.com