- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Estée Lauder Sumptuous Infinite mascara
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- InnovationEditor: 80%
- ApplicationEditor: 90%
- BrushEditor: 90%
- FormulaEditor: 70%
- ColorEditor: 90%
- Separation of lashesEditor: 90%
- Volume effectEditor: 70%
- Lengthening effectEditor: 90%
- Curling effectEditor: 60%
- Lasting-powerEditor: 80%
- Value for MoneyEditor: 80%
- AvailabilityEditor: 80%
It’s been a while since I’ve had a nice mascara to introduce here! Enter the Estée Lauder Sumptuous Infinite mascara.
Of course, I discovered the must-have by Max-Factor a few months ago, the False Lash Effect, which I repurchased since, in the waterproof version for this very wet and hot Dubai summer. I still adore it.
But you know how it goes, new products are calling, and I cannot resist trying them…You know the drill, just want to see if the grass really is greener!
A quick reminder about my taste regarding mascaras:
I have quite long but very thin lashes and unfortunately they are very straight. So, what I want is essentially volume and curl. Of course, if it doesn’t smudge, it’s even better.
Ideally, I would prefer it to be waterproof, because I live in Dubai (heat and humidity are great at melting my mascaras). However, if I find a great mascara that isn’t waterproof, I have a super secret weapon: Lash Genius Waterproof Clear Topcoat by Anastasia Beverly Hills, which makes all mascaras waterproof. Genius, indeed! wink
Regarding brushes, I don’t have any preferences, synthetic or more classic (big ones with bristles), I don’t mind, as long as it does the job!
About the mascara formula itself, I prefer drier formulas that I find easier to work with, on my fine lashes. Too “wet” formulas have a tendency to make my lashes heavier and they don’t hold the curl correctly (if that makes sense).
I heard about it for the first time 5 months ago, in a French YouTube video channel, Coline, and she seemed pretty happy about it. So I waited (and waited)(and waited)(and…) and 4 months later, the mascara finally landed in Dubai and I could get my hands on it.
Here is the official line from the brand:
“Stretch lashes to limitless length.
A multitude of gravity-defying fibers take lashes far beyond tips. Lashes are transformed—longer, fuller, dramatic.Innovative stretchable fibers perfectly shape, plump and extend each lash, from roots through tips and beyond. Fibers are fused onto lashes as the mascara dries, setting and locking-in length.
10-hour wear. Clump-resistant, flakeproof, smudgeproof formula. Sweat and humidity resistant.
Go Infinite with long, lush, infinitely daring lashes.”
Who wouldn’t want long, lush, infinite lashes? I signed up right away!
My review of the Estée Lauder Sumptuous Infinite mascara:
– Innovation: as always in mascaras, there is a double innovation here: formula AND brush.
Here, the formula contains fibres which coat the lashes to provide extra-volume. In addition, it contains some ingredients which enhance and help the lashes to grow (I didn’t notice a big difference, but it probably takes time).
The brush has a special ergonomics, with two sizes of plastic bristles: one to lengthen the lashes and the other to separate them.
– Application: it needs to be done in two steps. First, I apply the mascara on the lashes to provide some volume with the short bristles, then I ‘de-tangle’ them with the long bristles, as if I was using a comb.
Anyway, the application is quite easy and the brush is really handy.
– Brush: This is a synthetic brush, in elastomer, the new part, is the added row of long plastic ‘spikes’ that really help to ‘de-tangle’ and lengthen the lashes (check it out in the photo below).
The brush is a medium size, which I prefer. With the larger brushes, I always end up poking myself in the eye with them! Anyway, it’s easy to handle and it always put the perfect amount of product on the eyelashes. No need to “wring” before using it, it’s such a time-saver!
– Formula: it’s a very “wet” formula, so it takes a little time to dry on the lashes. I personally prefer the “drier” formulas, easier to apply on my very thine lashes.
But the good thing is that after a month, when it has dried a bit, it’s perfect for me to use! It’s a bit like breaking in a nice new pair of shoes, it can take a bit of time to get comfortable…
I’ve been using this mascara since mid-June, and so far, it is still not dry. I suspect that the formula will not last forever, but if I can use a mascara for more than 2 months, I always feel like it’s a kind of miracle!
– Colour: a very deep black, very pigmented. It also exists in brown, if you prefer a more natural effect… (which is really not my style, I always prefer the dramatic option)
– Lashes Separation: no clumps with this brush and its “comb” effect. I can really volumise my lashes and lengthen them at the same time, perfect!
– Volume effect : it gives volume, yes indeed, but not the craziest volume I’ve ever seen, but hey, it’s OK.
– Lengthening effect: now here you get your money’s worth! The lashes are really, visibly longer. So on me, they almost touch the upper eyelid! wink (check out the swatch at the end of this post)
I confess that this is not really my priority in a mascara, but hey, it’s great to have longer lashes! (they’re never too long, are they?)
– Curling effect: I must admit, I’m not really convinced by its curling effect, sadly…
The eyelash curler is really an essential everyday tool for me, and I still need to use it before applying this mascara. And since it’s not a waterproof formula, the curl doesn’t really hold a long time (waterproof mascara holds the eyelashes curl better thanks to its specific ingredients. These ingredients will help ‘set’ the eyelashes). If I apply my waterproof top coat Anastasia, it’s better, of course…
– Long-lasting power: pretty good for a non-waterproof mascara. No smudging to declare if I don’t go outside in the crazy heat and humidity more than 10 minutes! The mascara won’t budge all day. Of course, to remove it, you will need a suitable product (a cleansing oil, what else?).
– Price: 26$ on Estée Lauder website. Of course, it’s not exactly cheap, but hey, it’s Estée Lauder… And it’s obviously very good quality (in case you need an excuse to buy it…;))
- really lengthen the eyelashes
- a good volume effect
- not clumpy
- handy brush, which applies the right amount of product on the lashes
- deep black colour
- doesn't smudge, doesn't budge (unless, of course, you are going for a long walk in the hot and humid Dubai summer)
- doesn't really hold the curl
- doesn't exist in a waterproof version
- the price (it's always too expensive, of course)
Here it is, on my eyelashes:
This is a great mascara that does the job well. Whether it’s a must-have or not, I’m not sure…
I still prefer my dear YSL Babydoll or le Volume de Chanel, I must admit…
And with September around the corner and all the makeup launches coming up, I already know that I want to try new ones (I know I’m incorrigible). If you have tried the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara or Lancôme Grandiôse, I’d be really interested in your opinion, lol!
And you, have you tried the Estée Lauder Sumptuous Infinite mascara? What are your thoughts? And if not, I’d love to know what your favorite mascara of the moment is…
Photos credits: Estée Lauder, bonnie-garner.com
Cet article est aussi disponible en français: Mascara Sumptuous Infinite d’Estée Lauder, mon avis