- Editor Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
- Very Good
- Colourpop Creme Gel Colour
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- InnovationEditor: 50%
- PackagingEditor: 70%
- Color RangeEditor: 90%
- PigmentationEditor: 90%
- TextureEditor: 70%
- ApplicationEditor: 60%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 90%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 80%
- AvailabilityEditor: 60%
Slowly but surely, ColourPop continues to rise, becoming one of the most innovative brands in recent years…
Color is definitely a strong suit for ColourPop and the brand proves it once again with its brand new Colourpop Creme Gel Colour.
These cute little pots are 2 in 1 products, both cream eyeshadow and gel eyeliner to draw classic and colorful cat eyes.
I was so impatient for ColourPop to release this product, because eyeliner (black or colored) is one of my favorite makeup looks, and it has been for years!
ColourPop has also launched Creme Gel Liners at the same time. I’ll tell you more about these in a future post. Most colors are available in the 2 versions, cream and gel eyeliner. They are perfect used as a duo, because the liners are more suitable for an application in the waterline, to intensify your makeup.
Today let’s focus on the Creme Gel Colour because I bought 6 of them, so I have a lot to show you! wink
Colourpop Creme Gel Colour, presentation:
What the brand says about them:
• Precision of a liquid, with the ease of a gel based formula.
• Apply with a brush, we like a super fine, firm and synthetic angled brush.
• Dip tip of the brush, coat both sides – be careful not to pick up too much product!
• Work quickly, as the formula becomes transfer resistant once it dries.
• Do NOT leave opened for long periods of time or it will dry out and you will be sad. Be sure to close the lid tightly after each use.
ColourPop recommends using them as a eyeliner rather than a cream eyeshadow, but clearly the formula could also be used as a cream eyeshadow.
But, however the formula is rather dry, which means that it can’t really be blended. It dries very quickly and very suddenly, so if you try to smudge it to do a “smoked” effect, it tends to crumble and drop. Unless you are particularly fast and agile, it’s pretty difficult to blend them correctly…
This product will be more suitable to draw super sharp lines along the lash line, upper or lower.
Colourpop Creme Gel Colour, the colors:
– Over Board: a very beautiful metallic bronze. It’s not super dark, so the effect is rather soft and luminous.
– Call Me: a matte reddish brown. Super nice on blue and/or green eyes, it’s dark but also softer than the traditional black or dark brown.
– Best O: a true matte burgundy. I love this kind of color, especially in fall. Best O is one of my favorites!
– Bee Sting: the only bright color I bought. It’s a matte royal blue, almost turquoise. This is one of my favorite colors to use if I want to make the colour of my eyes pop, I love the contrast it creates. And it’s a color that I like even more during the summer!
– DTLA: a sublime matte navy blue, more wearable than Sting Bee for everyday. I love pairing it with a golden beige eyeshadow on my lids, I think it gives a lot of radiance to the eyes.
– No Shame: an intense matte dark purple. Well, you’ll notice there’s like a theme in my choices, I bought all burgundy/plum /purple available! With my eye color, I find that these kind of shades usually match pretty well and No Shame is no exception to the rule! wink
Colourpop Creme Gel Colour, my test and thoughts:
– Packaging: a small glass pot with a white plastic lid, very pop, like the rest of ColourPop’s packaging. But be careful not to leave them open too long. The product is likely to dry up otherwise!
– Formula and texture: a gel-cream formula, not too thick, very easy to take and apply to skin. Only downside: it really dries quickly once applied to the skin.
– Color Range: 27 different colors, there is a wide choice! There are neutral colors and also a lot of very bright colors for those who love them. There is also a choice in the finish: matte or metallic, there’s something for everyone!
– Pigmentation: perfect, the colors are intense and very opaque on the skin.
– Application: if you’re good with eyeliner and have a good brush, everything should go perfectly fine. (I put my favorite eyeliner brushes in the picture above, feel free to click on the picture to see the references) But otherwise, it’s a little more complicated…
The product dries very very quickly. If you want to correct your line after a few seconds, you may risk removing it and you will have to start again from scratch. uneasy
Furthermore, it’s also very difficult to blend this formula for the same reason. The product dries too quickly to be smudged.
So I don’t really recommend this product for eyeliner beginners as you really have to apply it quickly.
– Lasting Power: the lasting power is excellent. It doesn’t move all day, is sweat and tear resistant and doesn’t transfer. Perfect! smile
– Value For Money: not too bad, because it’s a very cheap product ($6) but it’s not the best eyeliner gel formula I know, far from it, let’s be clear!
– Availability: you have to order online on ColourPop website and they still don’t deliver worldwide… sad But I just wanted to point out that ColourPop’s delivery is so much more quicker than they were before. I received my order in less than 1 week (last time, it took more than 3 weeks)
Finally, here are the Colourpop Creme Gel Colour swatches:
And on me:
– No Shame:
- the choice of color, it's really Colourpop's 'forte'
- the amazing pigmentation
- the very good lasting power, once dried it doesn't budge
- dries way too fast, you don't have a lot of time to apply it
- once it's dry, you can't correct or blend it to smudge it, as it just crumbles off the skin if you try
It’s clearly not the best formula in the world, especially for beginners (it dries super fast and it’s not easy to blend), but the value for money is pretty unbeatable and the choice of colors is also very impressive.
The Creme Gel Colours are available on ColourPop website for $6.
And you, did you try the ColourPop Creme Gel Colours? If not, what is your favorite gel eyeliner formula?
Photos credits: bonnie-garner.com
Great news! Worldwide delivery is finally available for ColourPop! (Well, to be precise, it will be tonight wink )
The brand is now delivering all over the world, except China and Turkey. I don’t know all the details yet but apparently the delivery fees will depend on the location and the weight of each package.