- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Too Faced Love Flush Blush palette
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PackagingEditor: 80%
- Color RangeEditor: 90%
- FinishesEditor: 90%
- Formula QualityEditor: 90%
- ApplicationEditor: 70%
- PigmentationEditor: 90%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 90%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 90%
- AvailabilityEditor: 60%
“Oh la la, this Too Faced Love Flush blush palette is such a cutie!!!”
I guess that the little 6 years old girl, who was a bubblegum addict, the greatest pink fan, played with Barbie and My Little Ponies in her spare time, is still very much alive in me because that was my first reaction when I saw this palette in my Instagram feed. It’s quite odd, to be honest, because usually, these kind of kitsch, pink packaging really aren’t my cup of tea. But for the Californian based brand Too Faced, this very kitsch style is their trademark!
Their concept: “A serious makeup brand which also knows how to have fun.” This palette packaging is clearly very regressive, the nostalgia of childhood, but a very ‘Disneyland’ childhood! wink
I don’t know, all these bright and cheerful colors together in one palette, it’s just very appealing, isn’t it? Clearly, for me anyway, it’s the most desirable blush palette at the moment and when I saw it available on Too Faced’s website, I didn’t hesitate for long!
Another trigger: the fact that it contains the entire collection of the 6 Too Faced Love Flush blushes!
Honestly, I hesitated before doing this Love Flush palette’s review on the blog because it’s a limited edition, and I know that it’s not easy to find…
But I told myself that it would allow me to do a 6 reviews in 1, and considering that I resisted (no idea how) the single Love Flush blushes, in this post I will show them all at once, oh yeah! smile
Too Faced Love Flush Blush palette, presentation:
What the brand says about the palette:
Blush all day and night with the flush of true love!
The long-wear, fade-proof, smudge-proof formula keeps your cheeks perfectly flushed for up to 16 hours. Six high-impact shades give a pretty pop of color for any skin tone—all in one adorable mirrored palette.
Too Faced released this palette for the holidays, but in my opinion, it also fits perfectly for Valentine’s Day (and Easter lol). All this pink and these hearts just work fine for all occasions! wink
It’s a limited edition palette which contains 6 blushes from the collection Love Blush by Too Faced:
– Love Hangover: a light warm coral pink, with a satin finish. Super easy to wear, it gives a healthy glow on all skin tones, including the lightest ones.
– Baby Love: the most neutral of the palette, it’s a light pinky beige with very fine gold glitter, it’s very luminous. I love it when I wear a more intense eye makeup and/or red lips, because it’s rather discreet.
– I Will Always Love You: a coral orange, also with fine gold glitter. I prefer these kind of shades in summer when I have a little bit of a tan. On my wintery pale skin, I don’t love it. But if you have a golden skin tone, you’ll love it! smile
– How Deep Is Your Love?: for me, it looks like a darker version of Love Hangover, it’s also a coral pink but more intense. It also has a satin finish. And it’s also very flattering, it looks good on all skin tones.
– Justify My Love: a light mauvy pink with cool undertones. The finish is matte. To be honest, this is not my favorite, but I think it will be beautiful on lighter skin tones. On me, it barely shows.
– Your Love Is King: a beautiful berry quite intense, with a matte finish. I love this kind of shade in winter, it gives a super natural and flattering flush to the skin. However, as it’s a bit dark, you need to apply it with a light hand with light skin tones like mine. But if you have a darker complexion, this color will be perfect for you! wink
Did you notice? The name of each blush refers to a famous love song, which is even more cute, don’t you think?
Too Faced Love Flush Blush palette, my test and thoughts:
– Packaging: it’s a cardboard type packaging, quite compact with a mirror.
As I explained above, I am not the biggest fan of candy pink packagings, but I find this one super lovely (it must be because of the little rabbits, it’s very hard to resist those cute bunnies lol). However, if I may submit a small complaint, I find it a bit long. It’s not ideal for slipping into your travel makeup bag or even in a drawer. Even if it’s quite thin, I find it a bit bulky.
– Texture and Finishes: the texture is a real joy to use: not powdery at all and so creamy that it almost blends on its own. The finishes are different from one blush to another (matte, satin or shimmery), which is great because it offers a good variety.
– Color Range: pretty well thought through, because every skin color can find something here. And they’re all very flattering and natural colors. Personally, I like them all!
– Application: I use my regular blush brushes and despite the small size of the pans, it’s easy to apply! They’re also very easy to blend, even if they’re super pigmented.
– Pigmentation: all the shades have a very good pigmentation.
– Lasting Power: the brand promises 16h of lasting power. I wouldn’t go that far, but they last well all day (between 8 and 10 hours on me) which is very honorable.
– Value For Money: the price is quite good ($36), especially when you compare to the price of a single Too Faced Love Flush blush sold individually ($26). Obviously, the amount is not at all the same, but in the palette, you can have 6 and honestly, you don’t need a lot of product thanks to the great pigmentation, so for me, it’s totally worth it!
– Availability: it’s a limited edition, and it can be quite complicated to find online, I’m not gonna lie. It’s probably easier to find it in stores. But otherwise, it’s still available on the Too Faced website! hint, hint wink
Finally, here are the swatches:
And on me:
It’s such a struggle to take a photograph of a blush! I swear I put tons of product on my cheeks and I looked like a clown in real life but on the photos above, it looks like I barely wear some blush… -_-
I hope you will forgive me, I didn’t photograph every shade, I made a little selection instead. wink
- the super cute packaging
- the colors, so beautiful and bright
- the diversity of finishes: matte, satin and shimmery
- great pigmentation
- the quality of the formula: the blushes are creamy and blends easily
- they're long lasting
- it's a great value for money: it's great to be able to have the entire collection of Love Flush blushes in one palette
- it's a limited edition and can be hard to find
- the packaging is a little long, so not very easy either to store or to slip into a travel bag
This Too Faced Love Flush Blush palette is available on the brand website for $36.
And you, did you buy this blush palette or one of the Too faced Love Flush blushes? What are your favorite colors?
Photo credit: bonnie-garner.com