- Editor Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
- Very Good
- Laura Mercier Lip Parfait Creamy Colourbalm
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- InnovationEditor: 70%
- PackagingEditor: 60%
- Color RangeEditor: 90%
- FinishEditor: 90%
- Formula/IngredientsEditor: 90%
- ApplicationEditor: 80%
- PigmentationEditor: 90%
- CoverageEditor: 90%
- PerfumeEditor: 80%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 60%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 70%
- AvailabilityEditor: 70%
A lip balm/ lipstick with a dessert name? Laura Mercier knows how to tempt me with her new Lip Parfait Creamy Colourbalm!
In a nutshell...
What is it?
The Laura Mercier Lip Parfait Creamy Colourbalm is 3 in 1 lip product with the comfort of a lip balm, the coverage of a lipstick and the shine effect of a lipgloss in the shades Amaretto Swirl, Sweet Guava, and Tutti Frutti.
Who is this for?
For those who want a super shiny finish and some comfort on their lips without compromising on the pigmentation.
How much is it?
Do I recommend it?
Yes, for a lot of reasons (pretty colors, comfort, good pigmentation), and no for others (they tend to bleed and the packaging is a little cheap).
Where can you find it?
In the Laura Mercier counters and online.
I’m a big fan of Laura Mercier for the base products. But I confess I’ve never really got interested in her lipsticks range.
But this summer, when I was in Paris, I dragged my sister to the department store (poor her lol), and the Laura Mercier Autumn Collection caught my eye. Especially the Lip Parfait in Amaretto Swirl, a beautiful pink nude.
After trying it, I definitely needed other colors from the range! smile
Laura Mercier Lip Parfait Creamy Colourbalm, presentation:
What the brand says about it:
Decadent. Delicious. Dreamy. This tempting treat transforms lips with an ultra-thin balmy formula that provides the comfort of a lip balm, the coverage of a lipstick and the shine of a gloss.
The juicy and vibrant colour range delivers incredible conditioning and comfort with ease of application. In addition to colour and shine, this multi-functional formula features a mix of vitamins and butters along with smoothing and volumizing ingredients for the ultimate seductive and youthful looking pout. Guilt-free in 12 delectable shades.
So this is a 3 in 1 product: as nourishing as a lip balm, but with the pigmentation and the coverage of a real lipstick and the shiny effect of a lipgloss.
This is the kind of product that I love because you can just slip it into your bag to do some touch-ups easily during the day (sometimes without mirror depending on the shades) and you end up with super comfortable lips!
But as a result this type of product may have certain issues, especially in terms of lasting power, because this kind of very creamy texture may bleed sometimes and/or simply disappear after a short amount of time.
So let’s see if the Lip Parfait is actually perfect or not! wink
Laura Mercier Lip Parfait Creamy Colourbalm, my test and opinion:
– Packaging: ok, let’s begin with something which I found disappointing with this product. The packaging is very pretty and sleek, and I love the detail of the Laura Mercier signature inside the tube. But when I took it in my hand, I was very surprised by its weight. It’s very light!
You will probably think I’m being posh and fancy, but I didn’t like that… It’s silly but I didn’t want my luxury 25$ lipstick to weigh the same as a drugstore lip balm. I know it’s just details, but luxury has its codes and I find it a bit of a shame from the brand.
– Formula: the formula is great; they’re very shiny on the lips but also almost plumping, a bit like the beautiful Pure Color Envy by Estée Lauder and all that in an ultra-creamy texture which feels super light on the lips thanks to ingredients such as waxes, shea butter and brown algae that nourish and moisturize the lips. There are also vitamins A, E and C which have an anti-aging preventive effect. In short, the Lip Parfait really takes care of your lips by sublimating them in the same time.
– Texture: as I said above, the texture is very nice, it literally melts on the lips. Like a lip butter, except it’s more than just that!
– Perfume: a very light vanilla scent. A little too light for me, I would have loved something more noticeable.
– Application: the tip is round and quite fine, so the application is easy and precise.
– Feeling on the lips/Comfort: the comfort is very present in this formula, it’s a real bonus. The lips stay moisturized all day.
– Pigmentation: I don’t really want to call this product a “lip balm” because clearly, the pigmentation and the coverage are the same as for a traditional lipstick. And not a sheer one!
– Colors: there are 12 colors in the range. I chose this 3:
- Amaretto Swirl: a beautiful pink nude that is not at all like a “lip concealer”, you know, that horrendous pale beige lipstick that almost erases your lips. No, here it’s a nice natural color that makes a discreet but sexy mouth. It’s my favorite!
- Sweet Guava: a bright orange-red, like a “watermelon” shade. Typically the kind of color I love in summer.
- Tutti Frutti: a lovely plum, perfect for fall. But it’s quite glittery. It’s funny, a few years ago, I would have loved it, but now I find myself a little ridiculous with glittery lips! Okay, I’m exaggerating, these are micro-mini glitter particles which remain subtle and discreet but I would have preferred without any, I must confess …
– Finish: a wet-shine finish, almost glossy. I love it, it gives a very yummy effect to the lips! wink
– Lasting Power: I was a little bit disappointed here, not by the actual lasting power of the Lip Parfait which stays on the lips a rather long time (4-5 hours, which is not bad for this type of texture) but more by how it behaves on the lips. It moves a lot! First, it spreads on your teeth very easily (and really, I have to thank Photoshop from the bottom of my heart because I realized obviously after taking the pictures that I had a lot of Sweet Guava and Tutti Frutti on my teeth -_-). And secondly, it tends to bleed on the lips contour. That being said, I tried applying a lip pencil before and it completely solves the problem. And I didn’t have any of these issues with Amaretto Swirl, perhaps because it’s a lighter color, I don’t know…
– Value For Money: it’s a good product in general but the small negative points make it slightly too expensive for me… Because for $25, I would have preferred a real killer packaging and a product that doesn’t spread on to my teeth… wink
Finally, here are the swatches:
And on me:
– Amaretto Swirl:
– Sweet Guava:
– Tutti Frutti:
So in summary:
- great selection of colors, all super pretty and yummy
- the texture, super balmy and creamy
- the pigmentation and coverage, incredible for a "lip balm"
- the comfort, it's very nourishing and moisturizing
- the sublime "wet-shine" effect
- the lasting power is not bad at all (4 to 5 hours)
- the packaging is a little cheap for such a high-end brand
- they're very creamy so they may tend to bleed a little bit and to end up on the teeth (which is not a good look )
In general, the Laura Mercier Lip Parfait is a rather appealing product, and the wonderful colors in the range didn’t leave me indifferent. But for me, the little issues I raised above mean it is not an ideal candidate for the Perfect Lipstick award. wink
The Lip Parfait Creamy Colourbalm is available on Laura Mercier website for $25.
And you, have you tried the Lip Parfait Creamy Colourbalm by Laura Mercier? And if not, did you know the other lip products in the brand?
Photos credits: bonnie-garner.com