- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick Love Liberty
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- InnovationEditor: 90%
- PackagingEditor: 80%
- FinishEditor: 80%
- Colour RangeEditor: 80%
- Formula/IngredientsEditor: 80%
- ApplicationEditor: 80%
- PigmentationEditor: 80%
- CoverageEditor: 80%
- SmellEditor: 70%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 80%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 70%
- AvailabilityEditor: 60%
Today, let’s talk about a lipstick. Because, it’s been a while, hasn’t it? wink
But it’s not just any lipstick…
Charlotte Tilbury, the English star makeup artist launched her own makeup brand last year.
If you don’t know her, here is Charlotte Tilbury: (on the left in the photo above) (she posed with a girlfriend of her, I don’t know who she is ;))
Charlotte Tilbury has worked for a long time in the fashion industry (catwalks backstages, prestigious fashion magazines, advertising campaigns…) as a makeup artist before launching her Youtube channel and her blog in 2012 . Then, she created her own eponymous brand in 2013, distributed only in the UK initially, and a few weeks ago in the States. Of course, you can also find her products online.
And you definitely want to try her products because:
– the quality of the products is incredible: gorgeous color pigmentation and very well thought through formulas,
– the packaging is insanely beautiful: a retro look, very “old Hollywood” and everything is in “rose gold”, needless to say that it’s sublime,
– the products names are just so fun and sexy (who doesn’t want a lipstick called Bitch Perfect, really?) and you can also sometimes find some very cool music references (a very special mention to the blush Love is the drug, Roxy Music for ever)(yes, I know, this blush looks like a boob, and yes, I think it’s totally on purpose)
– the sets of products with her “looks signatures” which are all super sexy and appealing,
– Charlotte herself advises us to apply her products in her very useful video tutorials, and makes you feel like your own makeup artist.
The products are definitely not cheap and they are quite difficult to find if you’re living outside the UK. In Dubai, you can only order the products online at the moment, but something tells me we should be able to find it here soon (a super luxury brand with that kind of “bling” packaging, I think it should be quite popular over here ;)).
In the meantime, I saw the other day that the brand was available on Net-a-porter, so I finally ordered my very first Charlotte Tilbury product..
Obviously, it had to be a lipstick. Because , well, I think by now everybody has understood that I’m a real lipstick addict, and also because I was very curious of this specific lipstick formula.
Even Charlotte agrees with me! ;)
She thinks that there is “something magic about a lipstick,” and she also remembers that her mother said that a “lipstick equals instant glamour”. I couldn’t agree more!
Let’s just say that this Matte Revolution lipstick is a real beauty.
Well, OK, if I’m a little bit more specific, it’s a lipstick with a matte finish. But this is a new generation of matte finish: it’s extremely comfortable on the lips (and all day) and it is not dull at all. Not shiny neither (duh), but it’s extremely luminous. And even for a dark color like the one I chose.
I hesitated a lot choosing the color. In the range, you have 10 beautiful shades, which are all very nice and easy to wear (well, obviously, I knew the beigy nude Very Victoria was not for me, as usual)(I’m just not really a Nude kind of girl, that’s it) but I was really into Glastonberry (what a genius name!!!), a beautiful dark plum. Yes, this season, I’m all about dark lips! wink
I finally ended ordering Love Liberty, and I’m glad I did. It’s a gorgeous and super bright deep pinkish purple. The color is crazy. It covers the lips in one layer and the pigmentation is perfect. It is very lightly scented with vanilla, it’s subtle and nice.
Charlotte Tilbury explains that this color was inspired by very glamorous women like Jerry Hall and Uma Thurman.
But she’s especially named this lipstick after her friend Liberty Ross. And who is Liberty Ross, you may ask? She is an English actress/model, but she’s also the former wife of the movie director Rupert Sanders… Yeah, you know, this infamous scandal that ended the “Twilight” couple Kristen Stewart-Robert Pattinson (a recap here). Oh, how interesting, isn’t it???
But let’s get back to this wonderful lipstick, shall we? Because it is full of good things, this little Matte Revolution!
– 3D glowing pigments that will give the lips the plump effect we all dream about,
– triglycerides (fatty acids) and a mixture of oils and waxes that nourish the lips (this is probably the most comfortable matte lipstick I own)
– orchid and Lipstick Tree extracts to soften and protect the lips.
Okay, so clearly I have no idea what a “Lispstick Tree” is, but I want one !!! Actually, I am seriously thinking about starting a farm! I always wanted to be able to grow my own lipstick… wink
About the application, the stick has a tapered shape, which makes it very easy to apply with precision, directly from the bullet (which I always do anyway, but it’s true that some lipsticks are easier than others). The texture is not dry at all, it glides on your lips, a real joy.
Love Liberty lasting power is excellent. This is not a non-transfer formula, so you may have to reapply it after a meal, but really, it doesn’t budge for 5-6 hours easily. Great!
The packaging is just like the rest of the range, a beautiful retro style tube in “rose gold”, extremely elegant and luxurious.
It’s a luxury brand so the price is a “luxury” price too, of course. It is sold at about 32$ on net-a-porter.
So, in summary:
- the retro and stylish packaging, and I love the fact that it's in "rose gold" (yes, rose golden is a huge trend at the moment) (and it's so cool because it's beautiful!)
- the bright matte finish on the lips, a true innovation
- the sumptuous color, very glamorous
- the comfortable feeling on the lips
- the long lasting power
- the subtle scent of vanilla, very nice
- the luxurious ingredients (I still don't know what a"lipstick tree" is, but I don't mind, the idea is just genius and it looks awesome)
- the price (it's a true luxury product with the expensive price which goes with it)
- the brand is not easy to find "physically" (but it can be found easily online)
Finally, here is the swatch:
And on my lips:
And you, did you try one of the Matte Revolution lipsticks by Charlotte Tilbury? Tempted? And what do you think of my Lipstick Tree farm idea (I need support and money;))?
Photos credits: bonnie-garner.com
Cet article est aussi disponible en français: Rouge à lèvres Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Love Liberty, mon avis