- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PackagingEditor: 80%
- Color RangeEditor: 80%
- FinishEditor: 80%
- Formula/ IngredientsEditor: 90%
- ApplicationEditor: 90%
- PigmentationEditor: 90%
- CoverageEditor: 90%
- PerfumeEditor: 90%
- Lasting PowerEditor: 60%
- Value For MoneyEditor: 80%
- AvailabilityEditor: 60%
The lipsticks that impressed me the most in 2016 are definitely the Bite Beauty ones. And the Matte Crème Lip Crayon is no exception to the rule!
As you may have noticed if you come here regularly, I have a soft spot for this Canadian makeup brand (I explained their whole concept of natural and edible lipsticks in detail in my first post about Bite Beauty).
They’re only available in Sephora USA and Canada (for now, fingers crossed this will change!). So, if you don’t live there and you’re lucky enough to travel there, I strongly recommend taking a look at them, especially if you’re a fellow lipstick addict! wink
Today, I will introduce you to the matte lipsticks range of the brand: the Bite Beauty Matte Cream Lip Pencil.
Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon, presentation:
What the brand says about them:
“A collection of lip crayons in timeless matte shades that provide superior hydration.
Bite Beauty’s latest breakthrough formula boasts a collection of beautiful nudes, striking reds, and deep burgundies with a matte yet moist texture.
Each gorgeous shade is water-resistant and long wearing.”
The Matte Crème Lip Crayon are luminous matte lipsticks. They’re moisturizing, and they contain some anti-age ingredients.
Their formula is enriched with some wax of orange zest, very nourishing but also with resveratrol, an antioxidant/anti-aging ingredient.
The pencil format is very convenient and precise. The tip becomes obviously rounder when you use it, but you can use the small pencil sharpener hidden at the back of the pencil packaging to give it its original sharp shape.
There are 18 shades in total in the range, and they retail for $24.
I chose four super yummy colors: Glacé, Pastille, Fraise, and Brandy.
Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon, my test and thoughts:
It’s a pencil format, with the tip, the same color as the lipstick. But sadly, the black cap covers it, I would have preferred to see the color more, it would make things easier in the morning when I choose my lipstick of the day! wink
I find the format practical, no need to use a lip contour pencil, it’s like a 2 in 1 product.
– Texture and feelings on the lips:
It’s probably one of the most comfortable matte lipsticks I’ve ever tried. It’s very creamy, and super moisturizing, which is quite remarkable for this type of finish.
It’s a very nice luminous finish, which I would maybe consider more like a semi-matte.
A very fruity and yummy scent, and which doesn’t feel chemical at all. It smells like mango lemonade, it’s so delicious you could eat it! (and as a matter of fact, you can actually eat it! smile )
– Pigmentation and opacity:
– Color range:
These 18 shades are all very yummy and wearable. It’s more of a natural color kind of range, quite classical but very pretty in the same time. You just can’t go wrong with these shades. You have beautiful nudes, stunning reds… Right up my alley! smile
The application is very easy thanks to the precise pencil format. And I like that you can give it its shape back thanks to the included pencil sharpener! Just be careful to not press too hard when you apply it, the formula is a bit fragile, it tends to break easily, especially when it’s sharpened.
– Lasting power:
It’s a quite creamy texture, not dry like some conventional matte lipsticks. The Matte Crème Lip Crayon doesn’t dry completely like a liquid lipstick, so it necessarily transfers a little bit. It still keeps its intensity several hours on the lips until you have something to eat (it doesn’t really resist a meal, you need to do a touch-up after). It fades very nicely throughout the day without crumbling or migrating into the corners of the mouth. On me, it lasts about 4-5 h, an average lasting power, not the best but definitely not a bad one.
– Value for money:
The Matte Crème Lip Crayon retails for $24. IMO, it’s a good value for money because it’s a very good quality product and I love the colors I own.
Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon, the shades:
– Glacé: a very pretty pinky brown, with a slight mauve undertone. On me, it looks like an intense nude. This is the kind of shade that will look very different from one person to another. On my skin color, it’s quite dark, but on a medium to dark complexion, it will probably look like a very pretty natural nude.
– Pastille: the dusty rose shade of the bunch. This one was quite predictable, wasn’t it? wink You know my obsession with these kind of shades!
– Fraise: a super bright red, almost neon. It’s a slightly bluish red, very glamorous, the kind of lipstick that whitens your teeth. And who doesn’t want that Hollywood smile? wink
– Brandy: a beautiful deep plum, very luminous and which doesn’t drain me at all. Dark colors are not always the easiest to wear for me (I’m too old now lol), but this color is super soft and flattering.
Finally, here are the swatches:
And here they are on me:
- the pencil format, practical and precise
- the stunning range of 18 colors, all very pretty
- the natural and edible formula, specific to Bite Beauty
- the yummy flavor
- the high pigmentation and very good coverage
- they're very comfortable, with a true moisturizing effect (quite rare for a matte finish)
- they're lightweight
- the beautiful luminous matte finish
- the lasting power is quite average, they are not as long-lasting as the brand claims
- only available in Sephora US or Canada, so they're difficult to find if you don't live in North America
In short, another great Bite Beauty lipstick formula! I’m more and more into the creamier matte formulas, less matte and long-lasting certainly but so much more comfortable! heart
The Matte Crème Lip Crayon are available on Sephora.com for $24.
And you, have you tried the Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon? If not, what is your favorite matte lipstick at the moment?
Photo credit: bonnie-garner.com