Well, it was about time I spoke about the ColourPop Holiday 2015 collection when Christmas is just a few days ahead, don’t you think?
As usual, my timing sucks. But what can I say, I just can’t do a beauty review in 5 minutes! I need to try the products a minimum before reviewing them… Which is apparently a big problem when you’re a beauty blogger!
I have already reviewed the products (Super Shock Shadows and Creme Gel Colours) that I’ll talk about today, in addition I still want to show you some of the shades from the lovely ColourPop Holiday 2015 collection with some swatches and makeup looks! bigsmile
ColourPop Holiday 2015, the colors:
A lot of glitter, some metallic shades, and some bright sexy colors…
That is the ColourPop Holiday 2015 collection! Nothing very surprising clearly, but during the holidays, it’s OK. I personally don’t mind because it’s a tradition! And it’s somehow comforting and reassuring…
I don’t think you’ll be very surprised with my color choices, which is very neutral because I’m such a creature of habit when it’s come to makeup. And also, during this time of the year, I ‘m used to wearing a bright red “Santa Claus” lipstick, so if the eyes are a little softer, it’s not bad! wink
There were also highlighters and lipsticks in the collection, but I didn’t have any crush on any of these so I stayed focused on the eyes products.
The Super Shock Shadows:
– Glitterati: a very light gray, almost white, with a hint of silver and golden glitter inside. Perfect to catch the light on the center of the eyelid or in the inner corner of the eye.
– Famous: a golden beige very luminous with a soft metallic finish. Such an easy color, you can apply it all over the lid and also in the inner corner. It almost makes the eyelid with a “wet” finish. It’s so pretty!
– Cheap Date: an antique gold with silver glitter. It’s very close to Get Lucky! The only difference is actually the glitter (Get Lucky doesn’t have any).
– DGAF: my personal favorite from the collection because it’s really a unique shade. This is a light rusty brown (quite orangey) with multi-colored glitter: green, gold, silver… So many reflects and it shines bright like a diamond, I love it!
The Creme Gel Colours:
– Ho Ho: a beautiful indigo violet with purple glitter, very luminous. I use it mainly as a liner along my lash line.
– Superstition: a beautiful dark olive green with pink and purple glitter. It makes me think of a darker vesrion of So Quiche, one of my favorite ColourPop Super Shock Shadow. ;
ColourPop Holiday 2015, the swatches:
ColourPop Holiday 2015, the makeup looks:
I used the ColourPop eyeshadows and liner in combination with other makeup products, like some matte eyeshadows from the Viseart Matte Neutral palette I bought a few weeks ago. I’ll have to tell you more about it! wink
– Cheap Date + Superstition:
– DGAF + Gliterrati:
– Famous + Ho Ho:
And because I know you’ll probably ask me ;):
– in the first look, I’m wearing a liquid lipstick by Ofra Cosmetics, Laguna Beach,
– for the second one, it’s a Matte Revolution lipstick by Charlotte Tilbury in the shade Very Victoria,
– finally, for the third and last makeup look, my absolute favorite red of the season, the MAC Von Teese lipstick (I posted a lot of photos on my Instagram account if you want to see more of it)(beware, it’s limited edition and it’s available online only, not in stores…)
The Holiday 2015 collection is available on ColourPop website. The Super Shock Shadows are sold $5 and the Creme Gel Colours $6.
And you, what will be your makeup looks for the holidays?
Photo credit: bonnie-garner.com
Great news! Worldwide delivery is finally available for ColourPop! (Well, to be precise, it will be tonight wink )
The brand is now delivering all over the world, except China and Turkey. I don’t know all the details yet but apparently the delivery fees will depend on the location and the weight of each package.